Coryell Memorial Healthcare System offers competitive salaries and benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Once we have received your application we will keep it on file for one year. You may apply for an open position in one of the following ways: in person at the Human Resources office, by mail, by fax or by e-mail.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
Click here to download our Employment Application form. This form can be completed electronically in the Adobe PDF Reader OR it can be printed and completed manually.
To submit your application you have three options.
2. Mail the completed application form to the address shown below
3. Fax application to 254-248-6288
Coryell Memorial Healthcare System
Human Resources Department
1507 West Main Street
Gatesville, TX 76528
Phone: (254) 248-6386
Fax: (254) 248-6288
Coryell Medical Clinic
LVN – FT
Summary: Provides clinic nursing services and assists medical provider with examinations and procedures. Maintains and updates patient medical records according to age specific needs. Maintains and orders supply and medication inventory. Performs quality control checks and maintains logs as appropriate. Utilizes Standard Precautions in all care.
1. Associates Degree
2. Licensed by the State Board of Nurses as a Licensed Vocational Nurse
3. One year of nursing experience preferred
4. Basic knowledge of patient care procedures
5. Excellent interpersonal skills
6. Detail given to confidentiality
Summary: Assist in the delivery of health care for patients. Performs a wide variety of patient care activities including, but not limited to maintenance of clinical record/documentation, taking vital signs, assisting with office procedures, and collection of specimens. Able to work in a team environment. Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanour at all times.
1. Certified in the State of Texas as a Certified Nurse Assistant
2. Prefer one year of medical experience
3. Basic Life Support
4. Prefer the following skills: the ability to multi-task, problem solving, organizational skills, and experience of using an Electronic Medical Record.
Registration Clerk - FT
Summary: Receives visitors/patients, determining their needs politely and directs them accordingly. Schedules appointments, receives payments, and collects co-pays and issues receipts as applicable. Enters appropriate data into the computer.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Typing and office equipment experience to include computer operations.
3. Previous experience with medical office procedures preferred.
4. Neat, organized, able to work independently and interdependently, welcoming to the public.
Nursing - (Med/Surg, Welcome, ED/ICU and Surgery)
ED/ICU: RN - FT & PRN Night Shift
Summary: The RN is primarily responsible for utilizing the nursing process and emergency nursing standards in providing health needs to the patient in the Emergency Department.
1. Licensed and currently registered as a Professional Nurse in the state of Texas or possesses temporary permit to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas while awaiting receipt of license.
2. Required to meet qualification criteria during hospital and nursing unit orientation periods.
3. Prefer one year of professional nursing experience in emergency or critical care clinical setting.
4. Require current CPR (ACLS certification within one year) and must maintain without lapse.
5. Must have PALS within one year of employment and must maintain without lapse.
6. Must have NIHSS certification within six months of hire and maintain without lapse.
7. Must have TNCC certification within eighteen months of hire and must maintain without lapse.
8. Must have basic EKG and/or arrhythmia course within six months of employment.
9. May satisfy requirements with documentation from previous experience.
Welcome: CMA - PRN Evening and Day Shifts
Summary: The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the administering of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, the nurse supervisor or charge nurse, and the Director of Nursing Services. The administration of medications shall be in accordance with established nursing standards, the policies, procedures, and practices of this facility, and the requirements of this state.
As a Certified Medication Aide, you are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Care for and treat patients in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort. Performing duties in accordance with established methods and techniques, and in conformance with recognized standards. Provides patient care within limits defined by delegated tasks. Tasks performed under direct supervision of a Nurse/Charge Nurse or Physician.
1. Must be a Certified Nurse Aide.
2. Must be certified by the State of Texas as a Certified Medication Aide.
3. Prior clinical experience preferred.
4. Must be able to write legibly.
5. Must be of good physical and mental health and possess adequate speech and hearing to communicate well.
6. Should possess the ability to work under close supervision and follow verbal and written instructions.
PRN Radiological Technologist needed. CT experience helpful, but not mandatory.
Summary: Performs in accordance with physician prescription those duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures applying radiation and other forms of energy used in diagnostic imaging. Assists in collecting and reporting data to insure performance improvement. Utilizes proper Radiation and MRI Safety procedures. Understands and efficiently uses all computerized programs in the department to include electronic EMR, PACS and equipment. Transports patients and completes clerical assignments.
1. Graduate of approved and accredited school of radiological technology
2. Certified with the State of Texas as MRT
3. Registered or Registry eligible with the ARRT
4. Must have basic computer skills
5. Must provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers
Speech Therapist - PRN
Summary: Conducts evaluation, rehabilitation, and training in the areas of speech and language disorders. Works under the general direction of the policies and procedures of the hospital, and, as appropriate, under the policies of contract facilities and the referring physician. Under the direct supervision of the Physical Therapy Director.
1. Must possess a current State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology license
2. 1 - 2 years of experience preferred
3. Must be experienced in performing MBS and providing treatment for dysphagia (Vital Stim certified preferred)
Central Supply Clerk - FT
Summary: Responsible for stocking shelves and maintaining the overall appearance of Central Supply. Must be able to check ED, Med Surg., ICU, Welcome and the Meadows and stock the floors quickly and efficiently. Must be able to work independently and have an eye for detail and what needs to be completed. Must have medical supply knowledge; you will be responsible for helping medical personnel that enter the department needing medical supplies.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Familiar with Data Entry for Inventory
Housekeeping - FT Evening
Summary: Performs in accordance with established policy and procedures those duties directly involved with maintaining a sanitary, attractive, safe and orderly environment for patients, staff and visitors.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Experience in housekeeping
3. Ability to follow oral and written instructions
CNA - PRN
Summary: Cares for and treat patients in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort of their own homes. Performs duties in accordance with established methods and techniques, and in conformance with recognized standards. Provides patient care within limits defined by delegated tasks. Tasks are performed under direct supervision of a Nurse/Charge Nurse or Physician.
1. Must be a Certified Nurse Aide
2. Prior clinical experience preferred
3. Must be able to write legibly
4. Must be of good physical and mental health and possess adequate speech and hearing to communicate well
5. Should possess the ability to work under close supervision and follow verbal and written instructions.
Home Care Attendants - PRN
Summary: Furnishes personal care to patients in their home within the scope of their abilities and in accordance with the policies set forth by the agency under the supervision of a registered nurse. Attendants are needed to cover the Gatesville, Moody, Oglesby, Hico, Copperas Cove, Evant and Goldthwaite areas.
Emergency Medical Services
ED Scribe - FT and PRN
Summary: Works under the direct supervision of the on duty ER Physician or other Physicians as assigned. Provides direct assistance to the physician in non-direct care areas such as documentation, coordination, and time management.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Able to type effectively with minimal errors
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and patient care documentation programs
4. Excellent Communications Skills
5. Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy and physiology (formal courses preferred)
1. Accompany the physician during patient interactions
2. Document patient (surgical, family, social, medical) history, history of present illness, review of systems, medications, and allergies
3. Document physical exam findings
4. Document lab and radiology results
5. Keep track of chronology of patient care activities (consults, procedures, re-examination, etc.)
6. Facilitate physician/patient interaction by reducing external distractions
7. Assist the physician as assigned
The Meadows Rehabilitation and Long Term Care
Assistant Administrator: Full-time
Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the management of the skilled nursing facility, to manage in the absence of the administrator, and to communicate with employees, residents, residents’ families, regulators and the general public for optimum outcomes and regulatory compliance.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Minimum 1 year supervisory experience in healthcare
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills
4. Nursing Facility Administrator license or willingness to pursue it
5. Knowledge of OBRA and DADS regulations
6. Ability to read and interpret financial records
7. Ability to find and communicate innovative solutions to challenges
Quality Assurance Nurse – Full-time RN or LVN
Summary: As a member of the administrative nursing team, the QA Nurse helps direct the nursing staff with a particular focus on quality care and resident outcomes. Primary duties include data tracking, reporting, process improvement, staff supervision, resident admissions, and resident care. Ensure that the facility is in compliance with current CDC, OSHA, and local regulations concerning infection control or standard/universal precautions.
1. Must be Licensed in the State of Texas or possess a Compact Licensure for RN/LVN
2. Quality assurance experience preferred.
3. Experience in a hospital or long-term care setting preferred
4. Good computer skills
5. Excellent communications skills
Night Charge Nurse: LVN - Full Time (3-Day weekend off every other week)
Summary: Provide direct nursing care for rehab patients and long-term residents and supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants and ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
1. State Licensure Required or Compact Licenses
2. Ability to supervise staff and work as part of a team
3. Long-term care experience preferred
4. Good communication skills for use with co-workers, residents and families
5. Ability to use a computer and learn an electronic medical record system
CNA – Full-time Certified Nurse Aide - State Certification Required
Summary: 12 Hour shifts with a 3 day weekend off every other week. Efficiently assist your group of rehab or LTC residents with activities of daily living while emphasizing resident choice and dignity.
1. Current Texas certification
2. Good communication skills with team members and residents
3. A caring personality and a desire to make a difference
Also considering applications for:
LVN; State Certification Required – PRN
CMA; Certified Medication Aide - PRN
Great health insurance, benefits and competitive salaries for all staff and a $150.00 bi-weekly attendance bonus for direct care staff. Current certification, good communication skills with team members and residents, and a caring manner are required.