Coryell Memorial Healthcare System offers competitive salaries and benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Once we have received your application we will keep it on file for one year. You may apply for an open position in one of the following ways: in person at the Human Resources office, by mail, by fax or by e-mail.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
Click here to download our Employment Application form. This form can be completed electronically in the Adobe PDF Reader OR it can be printed and completed manually. All Applications must have written signatures or e-signatures where ever a signature is requested.
To submit your application you have three options.
2. Mail the completed application form to the address shown below
3. Fax application to 254-248-6288
Coryell Memorial Healthcare System
Human Resources Department
1507 West Main Street
Gatesville, TX 76528
Phone: (254) 248-6386
Fax: (254) 248-6288
Health Coach - Full Time
Summary: The Health Coach is responsible for the provision and/or oversight of wellness care for Coryell Medical Clinic patients in accordance with the Texas Nursing Practice Act. This person is responsible for overseeing and coordinating health services with members of the CMHS team and other community providers in order to provide preventative health services routinely.
1. Currently licensed as a Licensed Vocational Nurse, CNA or MA in the State of Texas. Certified health educators may also be considered with an associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
2. Prefer two years of experience in a clinical setting.
3. Must be able to work independently and part of a team, possess strong organizational and time management skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Must have knowledge of standard record keeping procedures (i.e. Progress notes, HIPPA guidelines).
5. Must be able to facilitate communication and problem solving with patients, families, staff physicians and administration.
Coryell Medical Clinic
LVN - Full Time
Summary: Performs assigned nursing duties, including assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care, under the direct supervision of an RN/Physician/Midlevel Provider. Also performs a wide variety of patient care activities including, but not limited to, maintenance of clinical record/documentation, administering medications, giving injections, and taking vital signs.
1. Ability to facilitate communication and problem solving with patients, families, staff physicians, and administration.
2. Basic Life Support
3. Licensed in the State of Texas as a Licensed Vocational Nurse
4. Prefer one year or more of nursing clinical experience.
5. Prefer the following skills: the ability to multi-task, problem solving, organizational skills, and experience using an Electronic Medical Record.
Cook - Full Time
Summary: Two years' experience preferred. Under the direction of the Food Service Supervisor, prepares food as planned on cycle menu, using standardized recipes. Correctly portions and serves food. Uses accepted storage techniques. Maintains a sanitation standard, follows safety regulations, keeps record as required. Supervises and trains Food Service staff members, upholds policies of Coryell Memorial Hospital and its long term care facilities.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Must be Food Protection Management Certified.
3. Must have institutional food service experience, including knowledge of food production, therapeutic diets, and sanitation.
4. Must be able to work flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, depending upon the needs of CMH and its long-term facility as directed.
5. Must be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English.
Emergency Medical Services
ED Scribe - Full Time and PRN
Summary: Works under the direct supervision of the on duty ER Physician or other Physicians as assigned. Provides direct assistance to the physician in non-direct care areas such as documentation, coordination, and time management.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Able to type effectively with minimal errors
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and patient care documentation programs
4. Excellent Communications Skills
5. Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy and physiology (formal courses preferred)
1. Accompany the physician during patient interactions
2. Document patient (surgical, family, social, medical) history, history of present illness, review of systems, medications, and allergies
3. Document physical exam findings
4. Document lab and radiology results
5. Keep track of chronology of patient care activities (consults, procedures, re-examination, etc.)
6. Facilitate physician/patient interaction by reducing external distractions
7. Assist the physician as assigned
CNA - PRN/Full Time Positions Available
Summary: Cares for and treat patients in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort of their own homes. Performs duties in accordance with established methods and techniques, and in conformance with recognized standards. Provides patient care within limits defined by delegated tasks. Tasks are performed under direct supervision of a Nurse/Charge Nurse or Physician.
1. Must be a Certified Nurse Aide
2. Prior clinical experience preferred
3. Must be able to write legibly
4. Must be of good physical and mental health and possess adequate speech and hearing to communicate well
5. Should possess the ability to work under close supervision and follow verbal and written instructions.
Home Care Attendants - PRN Positions Available
Summary: Furnishes personal care to patients in their home within the scope of their abilities and in accordance with the policies set forth by the agency under the supervision of a registered nurse. Attendants are needed to cover the Gatesville, Moody, Oglesby, Hico, Copperas Cove, and Evant areas.
1. Must have empathic/caring attitude in caring for patients.
2. Must have dependable transportation with liability insurance.
3. Proficiency in managing confidential materials and information with integrity.
4. Good observation and communication skills.
Housekeeping Personnel - Full Time
Summary: The primary purpose of your job position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, and/or the Director of Housekeeping, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience in housekeeping.
3. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
1. Follows established cleaning methods in performing daily duties.
2. Requests and collects necessary supplies, equipment, and transports to work area.
3. Clean equipment and returns to designated area after use.
4. Cleaning and care of all floors, halls and non-patient areas.
5. Adheres to hospital and departmental personnel policies and procedures.
6. Reports any work not completed by shift end.
7. Performs periodic or situational duties as assigned.
8. Reports any broken, damaged, or inoperative equipment to supervisor.
9. Maintains a professional relationship with all levels of staff.
10.Demonstrates ability to perform age specific duties.
11.Demonstrates ability to perform compliance program procedures.
Nursing - (ED/ICU, Med/Surg, Surgery and Welcome/Oaks)
Critical Care Nursing Director - RN Full Time position
Summary: Utilizes the nursing process in the delivery of patient care and in supervisory patient care for the ED/ICU departments. Supervises and directs nursing staff in provision of critical care nursing. Responsible for delivering care that is therapeutically effective and safe as well as cost-effective. Participates in Performance Improvement and assures safe patient care. Assists in maintaining up to date policies and procedure manuals and utilizes them as reference in supervising. Attends and participates in staff, charge nurse and nurse executive meetings. Participates in orientation, training and education of staff. Demonstrates leadership abilities which enhance the management of the unit.
1. Licensed and currently registered as a Professional nurse in the state of Texas
2. Minimum 2 years’ experience in critical care.
3. Leadership experience preferred in which potential administrative and supervisory competence has been demonstrated
4. The ability to express self and to communicate his/her ideas clearly
5. The ability to make appropriate and effective decisions and to function under pressure
6. Professional conduct and manner befitting the position.
7. Basic computer skills
Med Surg - Charge Nurse - RN 7p to 7a shift
Summary: The Charge Nurse (RN) is responsible for utilizing the nursing process in providing the health care needs of assigned patients.
1. Licensed and currently registered as a Professional Nurse in the state of Texas or possesses temporary permit to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas while awaiting receipt of license.
2. Required to meet qualification criteria during hospital and nursing unit orientation periods.
3. Prefer one year of professional nursing experience in clinical setting.
4. Require current CPR (ACLS certification within one year) and must maintain without lapse.
5. Must have PALS within one year of employment and must maintain without lapse.
6. Must have basic EKG and/or arrhythmia course within six months of employment.
7. Must have basic computer knowledge.
8. May satisfy requirements with documentation from previous experience.
Med Surg - RN/LVN Night Shift (7p-7a) Full Time and PRN
Summary: Responsible and accountable for providing patient care needs and services for assigned patients utilizing the nursing process under the direct supervision of the registered nurse
1. Licensed and currently registered as a Vocational Nurse in the state of Texas or possesses a temporary permit to practice vocational nursing in Texas
2. Meets qualification criteria during hospital and nursing unit orientation periods
3. CPR certified
Med Surg and Welcome - CMA - Day Shift and Evening Shift; Full Time and PRN
Summary: The CMA is to assist in the administering of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, nurse supervisor, or the Director of Nursing Services. The administration of medications shall be in accordance with established nursing standards, policy and procedure of this facility, and the requirements of the state.
1. Must be a Certified Nurse Aide in the State of Texas & maintained without lapse.
2. Must be certified by the state of Texas as a Certified Medication Aide and maintain without lapse.
3. Prior clinical experience preferred.
4. Requires current CPR and must maintain without lapse.
5. Must be able to write legibly.
6. Must be of good physical and mental health.
7. Good assessment and observation skills.
8. Possess adequate speech and hearing to communicate well.
Med Surg and Welcome - CNA - PRN Evening and Night Shift; Full Time and PRN
Summary: The CNA/NA will care and treat patients/residents in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort. Perform duties in accordance with established methods and techniques in conformance to recognized standards. Provide patient/resident care within limits defined by delegated tasks. Tasks performed under direct supervision of a Charge Nurse/Nurse or Physician. Only Certified Nurse’s Aides may work in the hospital environment.
1. Must be a Certified Nurse Aide or entered into Certified Nurse Aide program and completed the first 16 hours of course work (proof must be provided)
2. Must complete Certified Nurse Aide program within 6 months of hire.
3. Maintain certification without lapse.
4. Prior clinical experience preferred.
5. Current CPR or have certification within 3 months of hire.
6. Ability to care for and about others.
7. Must be of good physical and mental health.
8. Good assessment and observation skills.
9. Possess adequate speech and hearing to communicate well.
Surgical - RN-Full Time Pre-op and PACU. Monday thru Friday 7a to 4p, no weekends.
Summary: The RN assumes responsibility for the anesthetized patient under the supervision of the anesthesia personnel; directing, planning, and evaluating on-going patient care using the nursing process. Actively participates in quality initiatives and improvements that focus on patient care and nursing practice. Identifies and manages emergency patient situations efficiently. Must have knowledge of Life Support, Anesthesia, Pain Medications and Antibiotics.
1. Licensed with a Texas or Compact RN Licensure Required.
2. Require current BLS, ACLS and PALS, must maintain without lapse.
3. Requires strong organizational and time management skills.
4. Ability to function in a team environment with positive, enthusiastic demeanor.
5. Embrace change with willingness to handle difficult situations.
6. Current OR/Surgical experience Preferred.
Surgery - CST-Full Time for Orthopedic and Neuro cases. Monday thru Friday 7a to 4p, no weekends.
Summary: The CST assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedures, ensure suite is adequately prepared for procedure, monitor PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies, cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments, and participates in departmental staff meetings and performance improvement activities.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. One year Operating Room Technician program required.
3. CST certification from an accredited technical school required and must maintain without lapse.
4. Minimum one year Scrub Technician experience in Operating Room preferred
5. Require current BLS and must maintain without lapse.
Welcome (Assisted Living) LVN - PRN with alternating weekends
Summary: The Welcome Nurse Coordinator is responsible and accountable for the delivery of nursing services in the assisted living facility.
1. Licensed and currently registered as a Vocational Nurse in the state of Texas or possesses a temporary permit to practice vocational nursing in Texas.
2. Required to meet qualification criteria during nursing unit orientation periods.
3. Knowledge of current federal and state regulations that apply to assisted living.
4. Prefer one year of professional nursing experience in assisted living setting.
5. Require current CPR and must maintain without lapse.
Speech Language Pathologist-Audiologist
Speech Therapist/PRN Position Available
Summary: Conducts evaluation, rehabilitation, and training in the areas of speech and language disorders. Works under the general direction of the policies and procedures of the hospital, and, as appropriate, under the policies of contract facilities and the referring physician. Under the direct supervision of the Physical Therapy Director.
1. Must possess a current State Board of Examiners Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology license
2. 1 - 2 years of experience preferred
3. Must be experienced in performing MBS and providing treatment for dysphagia (Vital Stim certified preferred)
The Meadows Rehabilitation and Long Term Care
Occupational Therapist - Full Time
Excellent opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to work for an in-house therapy program with a brand-new building under construction that includes new therapy gym and therapy-use kitchen, laundry and bathroom with tub for preparing home skills. We have an experienced therapy team that we would like to add to.
If you are working for a contract therapy provider and wanting to get back to the basics of using your clinical skills for direct patient care, then The Meadows at Coryell Memorial may just be the place for you. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned veteran or a newer therapist to join a team that is patient focused. Come and see what we have to offer you and be a part of our local community healthcare system that includes a hospital, wound care clinic, specialty clinic and a family practice clinic.
Summary: The Occupational Therapist will work under the direct supervision of the Therapy Manager. The occupational therapist plans and conducts medically prescribed rehabilitation and training of physically limited and disabled inpatients. The Occupational Therapist supervises the activities of the certified occupational therapist assistants and participates in the plan of care with other disciplines to retrain or inpatients, to facilitate maximum independent functioning and return inpatients to their homes or other environments in the best condition possible.
1. Licensed as an Occupational Therapist in Texas
PRN Charge Nurse: LVN
Summary: Provide direct nursing care for rehab patients and long-term residents and supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants and ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
1. State Licensure Required or Compact Licenses
2. Ability to supervise staff and work as part of a team
3. Long-term care experience preferred
4. Good communication skills for use with co-workers, residents and families
5. Ability to use a computer and learn an electronic medical record system
CMA - Certified Medication Aide Full Time - Day Shift (3-Day weekend off every other week)
Summary: Job position is to assist in the administering of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, the nurse supervisor or charge nurse, and the Director of Nursing Services.
1. Must be certified by the State of Texas as a Certified Medication Aide.
2. Prior clinical experience preferred.
3. Must be able to write legibly.
4. Must be of good physical and mental health and possess adequate speech and hearing to communicate well.
5. Should possess the ability to work under close supervision and follow verbal and written instructions.
CNA – Certified Nurse Aide Full Time - Day and Evening Shifts (3-Day weekend off every other week)
Summary: Efficiently assist your group of rehab or LTC residents with activities of daily living while emphasizing resident choice and dignity.
1. Current Texas certification
2. Good communication skills with team members and residents
3. A caring personality and a desire to make a difference
Also considering applications for:
LVN– PRN * CMA- PRN * CNA - PRN
**Great health insurance, benefits and competitive salaries for all staff and a $150.00 bi-weekly attendance bonus for direct care staff. Current certification, good communication skills with team members and residents, and a caring manner are required.
Coryell Wound Care Clinic
RN-Case manager Full Time
Summary: Responsible for the patient care in the Wound Care Center. This includes, but is not limited to, utilization of skills in organization, planning, implementing, evaluating, and providing care through the use of hospital and nursing standards.
Registered Nurse with a current compact or Texas license, Wound Care Certification preferred. Medical Surgical, home health, or wound care, also preferred. Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support), infections control, safety and required skill review.
RN Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides case management to a group of patients providing specific assessments according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient/caregiver education related to wound care management, and acts as patient advocate in delivery and coordination of patient care.
2. Provides efficient and effective care with the guidance of the physician during the clinic sessions, attends the clinics where scheduled and is dependable. Able to manage a number of patients at the same time with high energy and organization.
3. Collaborates with other health care providers, wound care center Physicians, Program Director and Medical Director, regarding clinic and patient needs.