Coryell Memorial Healthcare System offers competitive salaries and benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Once we have received your application we will keep it on file for one year. You may apply for an open position in one of the following ways: in person at the Human Resources office, by mail, by fax or by e-mail.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
Click here to download our Employment Application form. This form can be completed electronically in the Abobe PDF Reader OR it can be printed and completed manually.
To submit your application you have three options.
2. Mail the completed application form to the address shown below
3. Fax application to 254-248-6288
Coryell Memorial Healthcare System
Human Resources Department
1507 West Main Street
Gatesville, TX 76528
Phone: (254) 248-6386
Fax: (254) 248-6288
Coryell Medical Clinic
Clinic Nurse Manager RN - FT
Summary: Under the general supervision of the Clinic Administrator, Clinic Manager and Medical Director, this position is responsible for providing physician support and supervising clinical staff in a physician office practice. They are responsible for maintaining adequate supplies and medications, appropriate staffing levels, resident education and training, and quality of clinical functions to ensure efficiency/productivity of the Physician Office. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
1. Knowledgeable in adult learning principles
2. Ability to facilitate communication and problem solving with patients, families, staff, physicians, and various levels of administration.
3. Physician office workflows or similar, i.e., Emergency Room or Urgent Care
4. Basic Life Support
5. Associate degree of nursing, and licensed in the state of Texas
6. Two years or more current nursing clinical experience with at least one year in an ambulatory setting
7. Minimum of 1 year in a leadership role
8. Multi-tasking ability (Preferred)
9. Problem-solving (Preferred)
10. Organizational skills (Preferred)
11. Knowledge of physician office triage workflows (Preferred)
12. IV Starts (Preferred)
13. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, healthcare administration, business or management (Preferred)
14. Experience with using Electronic Medical Records (Preferred) License, Certification or Registration Required:
15. Registered Nurse license in the state of Texas
16. BLS (Preferred)
LVN – FT
Summary: Provides clinic nursing services and assists medical provider with examinations and procedures. Maintains and updates patient medical records according to age specific needs. Maintains and orders supply and medication inventory. Performs quality control checks and maintains logs as appropriate. Utilizes Standard Precautions in all care.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Licensed by the State Board of Nurses as a Licensed Vocational Nurse
3. One year of nursing experience preferred
4. Basic knowledge of patient care procedures
5. Excellent interpersonal skills
6. Detail given to confidentiality
Certified Registered Medical Assistant - FT
Summary: Under the direction of a physician, assist in the delivery of health care for patients. Performs a wide variety of patient care activities including, but not limited to, maintenance of clinical record/documentation, administering medications, giving injections, and taking vital signs, processing refill request, assisting with office procedures, scheduling appointments and EKG’s. Able to work in a team environment. Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times.
1. Ability to facilitate communication and problem solving with patients, families, staff physicians, and administration.
2. Basic Life Support
3. Certified in the State of Texas as a Certified Medical Assistant
4. Prefer one year of medical experience
5. Prefer the following skills: the ability to multi-task, problem solving, organizational skills, experience of using an Electronic Medical Record.
Summary: Assist in the delivery of health care for patients. Performs a wide variety of patient care activities including, but not limited to maintenance of clinical record/documentation, taking vital signs, assisting with office procedures, and collection of specimens. Able to work in a team environment. Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times.
1. Certified in the State of Texas as a Certified Nurse Assistant
2. Prefer one year of medical experience
3. Basic Life Support
4. Prefer the following skills: the ability to multi-task, problem solving, organizational skills, and experience of using an Electronic Medical Record.
Registration Clerk - FT
Summary: Receives visitors/patients, determining their needs politely and directs them accordingly. Schedules appointments, receives payments, and collects co-pays and issues receipts as applicable. Enters appropriate data into the computer.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Typing and office equipment experience to include computer operations.
3. Previous experience with medical office procedures preferred.
4. Neat, organized, able to work independently and interdependently, welcoming to the public.
Nursing - (Med/Surg, Welcome, ED/ICU and Surgery)
ED/ICU: RN - FT & PRN Night Shift
Summary: The RN is primarily responsible for utilizing the nursing process and emergency nursing standards in providing health needs to the patient in the Emergency Department.
1. Licensed and currently registered as a Professional Nurse in the state of Texas or possesses temporary permit to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas while awaiting receipt of license.
2. Required to meet qualification criteria during hospital and nursing unit orientation periods.
3. Prefer one year of professional nursing experience in emergency or critical care clinical setting.
4. Require current CPR (ACLS certification within one year) and must maintain without lapse.
5. Must have PALS within one year of employment and must maintain without lapse.
6. Must have NIHSS certification within six months of hire and maintain without lapse.
7. Must have TNCC certification within eighteen months of hire and must maintain without lapse.
8. Must have basic EKG and/or arrhythmia course within six months of employment.
9. May satisfy requirements with documentation from previous experience.
Welcome: CMA - PRN Evening and Day Shifts
Summary: The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the administering of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, the nurse supervisor or charge nurse, and the Director of Nursing Services. The administration of medications shall be in accordance with established nursing standards, the policies, procedures, and practices of this facility, and the requirements of this state.
As a Certified Medication Aide, you are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Care for and treat patients in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort. Performing duties in accordance with established methods and techniques, and in conformance with recognized standards. Provides patient care within limits defined by delegated tasks. Tasks performed under direct supervision of a Nurse/Charge Nurse or Physician.
1. Must be a Certified Nurse Aide.
2. Must be certified by the State of Texas as a Certified Medication Aide.
3. Prior clinical experience preferred.
4. Must be able to write legibly.
5. Must be of good physical and mental health and possess adequate speech and hearing to communicate well.
6. Should possess the ability to work under close supervision and follow verbal and written instructions.
Hospital Social Work
Licensed Social Worker - FT
Summary: Counsels and assists patient and their families with personal and environmental difficulties which predispose illness or hinder the patient from receiving maximum benefits from medical care. Services to be provided in an inpatient hospital setting or long-term care setting.
1. Bachelor’s degree in social work required
2. Current Texas LSW license, or State Equivalency
3. Medical Social Worker Preferred
4. Experience in the health care setting
PRN Radiological Technologist needed. CT experience helpful, but not mandatory.
Summary: Performs in accordance with physician prescription those duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures applying radiation and other forms of energy used in diagnostic imaging. Assists in collecting and reporting data to insure performance improvement. Utilizes proper Radiation and MRI Safety procedures. Understands and efficiently uses all computerized programs in the department to include electronic EMR, PACS and equipment. Transports patients and completes clerical assignments.
1. Graduate of approved and accredited school of radiological technology
2. Certified with the State of Texas as MRT
3. Registered or Registry eligible with the ARRT
4. Must have basic computer skills
5. Must provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers
Speech Therapist - PRN
Summary: Conducts evaluation, rehabilitation, and training in the areas of speech and language disorders. Works under the general direction of the policies and procedures of the hospital, and, as appropriate, under the policies of contract facilities and the referring physician. Under the direct supervision of the Physical Therapy Director.
1. Must possess a current State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology license
2. 1 - 2 years of experience preferred
3. Must be experienced in performing MBS and providing treatment for dysphagia (Vital Stim certified preferred)
Housekeeping - FT Evening
Summary: Performs in accordance with established policy and procedures those duties directly involved with maintaining a sanitary, attractive, safe and orderly environment for patients, staff and visitors.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Experience in housekeeping
3. Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Food Service Supervisor - FT
Summery: Under general to broad supervision, supervises and trains food service staff members, manages the food program, and upholds the policies of Coryell Memorial Healthcare System and it’s long term care facilities. Reports directly to the Department Director.
1. Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and application used in food preparation.
2. Ability to supervise personnel.
3. Effective planning and organizational skills.
4. Promote and maintain professionalism among staff.
5. Demonstrate good personal hygiene and food safety consistent with CMHS policies and procedures.
6. Knowledge of HACCP sanitation and ability to demonstrate the same to the satisfaction of the regulatory agency.
CNA - PRN
Summary: Cares for and treat patients in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort of their own homes. Performs duties in accordance with established methods and techniques, and in conformance with recognized standards. Provides patient care within limits defined by delegated tasks. Tasks are performed under direct supervision of a Nurse/Charge Nurse or Physician.
1. Must be a Certified Nurse Aide
2. Prior clinical experience preferred
3. Must be able to write legibly
4. Must be of good physical and mental health and possess adequate speech and hearing to communicate well
5. Should possess the ability to work under close supervision and follow verbal and written instructions.
Home Care Attendants - PRN
Summary: Furnishes personal care to patients in their home within the scope of their abilities and in accordance with the policies set forth by the agency under the supervision of a registered nurse. Attendants are needed to cover the Gatesville, Moody, Oglesby, Hico, Copperas Cove, Evant and Goldthwaite areas.
Emergency Medical Services
ED Scribe - FT and PRN
Summary: Works under the direct supervision of the on duty ER Physician or other Physicians as assigned. Provides direct assistance to the physician in non-direct care areas such as documentation, coordination, and time management.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Able to type effectively with minimal errors
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and patient care documentation programs
4. Excellent Communications Skills
5. Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy and physiology (formal courses preferred)
1. Accompany the physician during patient interactions
2. Document patient (surgical, family, social, medical) history, history of present illness, review of systems, medications, and allergies
3. Document physical exam findings
4. Document lab and radiology results
5. Keep track of chronology of patient care activities (consults, procedures, re-examination, etc.)
6. Facilitate physician/patient interaction by reducing external distractions
7. Assist the physician as assigned
**Healogics Hyperbaric Safety Director:
LPN/LVN – FT: With State or Compact Licensure preferredSummary: The HSD, under the direction of the Center Manager (Program Director and/or Clinical Nurse Manager) of the Hyperbaric Medicine Department, administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients as prescribed by the Hyperbaric Physician.
• Performs duties under supervision of the Program Director, Clinical Coordinator (Nurse Manager), and/or Physician in Charge as appropriate for the facility.
• Responsible for the safe and effective operation of the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related support systems.
• Responsible for the safe delivery of hyperbaric oxygen therapy to the hyperbaric patient.
In addition to being a chamber operator, the HSD is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance on the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related support systems. The HSD will also be the point person for assessment of materials that are appropriate for use in and around hyperbaric chambers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Keeps complete and accurate patient records as they pertain to treatment documentation.
• Make appropriate entries for daily hyperbaric treatments and wound care clinic visits including photo uploading.
• In charge of all hyperbaric equipment. Assume responsibility for the safe and effective operation and maintenance of the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related systems and ancillary components.
• Work closely with facility management personnel and department medical personnel.
• Make the necessary recommendations for departmental safety policies and incorporate new safety procedures as appropriate.
• Have the authority to restrict or remove any potentially hazardous supply or equipment items from the chamber.
• Support clinical hyperbaric facility accreditation; per the desire of the hospital.
• Ensures department compliance with NFPA 99 – Hyperbaric Chapter, current edition, and with unit safety policies and procedures.
• Reviews all department safety incidents, collects information regarding equipment/patient safety, reports relevant incidents to the staff, and periodically provides in-service training related to hyperbarics.
• Fosters a positive relationship between the department and local Fire Marshall, EMS Director, and Pressure Vessel Inspector, as appropriate for a given location.
• Works closely with the Medical, Program, and Nursing Directors to develop and annually review/revise department policies and procedures and operation and maintenance documents.
• Current certification as CHT or CHS (interim status may be appointed until CHT or CHS certification is attained)
• Be certified as a CHT or CHS within 1-year of stating date as HSD
• Attend an approved HBO Safety course pre or post hire, if pre hire the course completion must be within the past 5 years from date of hire
• Must have completed a Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society, National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology, Department of Defense, or American College of Hyperbaric Medicine approved hyperbaric medicine introductory course pre or post hire; if pre hire the course completion must be within the past 5 years from date of hire
• Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support Certification), infections control, safety and all unit required skill review.
• Complete competencies skill checklist. Initial and Annually (post hire).
• LPN or LVN State Licensure or Compact License.
Job Number - 17-0719
Please apply by going to the web site below:
The Meadows Rehabilitation and Long Term Care
MDS Coordinator: RN Full Time
Summary: The primary purpose of your job position is to coordinate delivery of services to managed care and Medicare residents in collaboration with the facility’s team members. The Case Manager monitors and documents the cost effectiveness of treatment provided, facilitates and coordinates the admission and discharge process, serves as the resident and family advocate and acts as a liaison to insurance and medical management professionals.
1. Participate in the admission process including pre-admission assessment, rate negotiations, benefit verification care needs and reporting.
2. Assist interdisciplinary team in planning for admission and ensure staff are adequately prepared to meet needs of the managed care/Medicare resident on admission.
3. Greet newly admitted managed care and Medicare residents upon admission. Escort them to their rooms as necessary.
4. Participate in marketing functions as deemed appropriate to assist with increasing managed care and Medicare census.
5. Must hold a State or Compact Licensure for RN
6. Experience Preferred
Night Charge Nurse: LVN - Full Time (3 Day weekend off every other week)
Summary: Position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services or Nurse Supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
1. Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern The Meadows.
2. Ensure that all nursing personnel assigned to you comply with the written policies and procedures established by this facility.
3. Periodically review the department’s policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions, etc. Make recommendations for revisions.
4. Meet with your assigned nursing staff, as well as support personnel, in planning the shifts’ services, programs, and activities.
5. Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is current and reflects the day-to-day nursing procedures performed in this facility.
6. Ensure that all nursing service personnel comply with the procedures set forth in the Nursing Service Procedures Manual.
7. Make written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the activities of your shift as required.
8. State Licensure Required or Compact Licenses
CNA – Full-time Certified Nurse Aide - State Certification Required
12 Hour shifts with a 3 day weekend off every other week.
Also considering applications for:
PRN CMA - Certified Medication Aide, CNA's, and Nurses- State Certification Required
Great health insurance, benefits and competitive salaries for all staff and a $150.00 bi-weekly attendance bonus for direct care staff. Current certification, good communication skills with team members and residents, and a caring manner are required.